Friday 30 April 2010

The change of opinions and role of diplomacy in world politics

If one says that their opinions about diplomacy hasnt changed since learning more about diplomacy they would be untruthfull. My opinion has changed when it comes to diplomacy, as the lectures progressed and when doing my research i have come to realise that diplomacy is not about political issues only. I have come to realise that diplomacy does not only involve formal state delegates (traditional diplomacy) being sent to other states to represent a state.

I have come to understand the important role the NGO's and Civil Societies play when it comes to diplomacy. Before i did not view this organisations as diplomats but now i see and understand their roles. Also going back on the point i mentioned above about political issues i am aware now that there are different areas of diplomacy such as trade and development diplomacy, environment diplomacy etc.

However having mentioned what I have learnt about diplomacy, there has been a part when comparing 'Old' diplomacy and 'new' diplomacy that i felt that there is not much of a difference comparing the two. I felt the 'new' diplomacy was just a polished version of 'old' diplomacy were because of the evolving times certain players and issues had to be accomodated.

I have also enjoyed reading and writing about trade negotiations. I have done indepth research on trade negotiation complexity, I was enlightened so much it gave me an indepth understanding of how trade negotiations are carried out.

I have really enjoyed this module and certainly my opinion has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment